Sunday 12 December 2010

Bravo, 1975: Bronze Otto winners ’75: ABBA

ABBA winning the bronze Otto 1975 in German magazine Bravo.
1975 was an ABBA year as well: Anna, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid were successful with the three hits ‘I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do’, ‘SOS’ and ‘Mamma Mia’. That’s why 4.090 Bravo readers voted for ABBA. In 1974, the Swedes won the silver Otto. Here’s a review of their steep career.

Clockwise from top left:
Privately, ABBA harmonise wonderfully as well: Anni-Frid, Benny, Anna and Björn are happy as couples.

It all started in Brighton: ABBA won the Eurovision Song Contest 1974 with ‘Waterloo’.

Fancy costumes are a speciality of both Swedish girls. You will rarely see them in long dresses like they are wearing during this performance in Disco ’75.

On their German tour and in several TV-shows, Anni-Frid and Anna appeared in sexy mini skirts.

ABBA are the uncrowned pop kings in their home country Sweden.

ABBA as beaming Otto winners 1974.

No comments: